Operating beyond the harsh conditions of lunar night
Sustainable + long duration lunar missions
Missions are in need of ways to keep their lunar equipment functional through the harsh conditions of lunar night.
If missions are operational for a longer time, we will see:
- Further exploration into more areas for new discoveries
- Increased amount of scientific payload data
- Generate a larger return on launch cost investment
Our preliminary outer space power station idea could help deliver on this.
Outer Space Power Station
Energy storage and power transfer to nearby rovers, landers, and habitats
Our power station towers will use wireless power transfer via lasers. The towers will be designed to have:
- Deployable tower structure
- Power generation and storage
- Laser beamable power
- Receiver module on rovers
- Communications (local area network)
- Modular units for servicing and decommissioning
Latest on our initiative
Arboribots participated in the space innovation roundtable held at Leonardo DRS Arboribots recently participated in a Space Innovation Roundtable, held at Leonardo DRS space manufacturing facility in Kanata, ON, Canada. The meeting brought together several companies...